What is hypnosis?
Click to read: What is hypnosis?
What is hypnotherapy?
Click to read: What is hypnotherapy?
Can everybody be hypnotised?
What does hypnosis feel like?
Everyone’s experience of hypnotic trance is slightly different, but for most people it’s a bit like this:
Have you ever had a lazy Sunday afternoon with a really nice Sunday lunch, and perhaps a glass or two of your favourite tipple? It’s one of those incredibly rare occasions when there is nothing you have to do and nowhere you have to be.
The TV is on but there’s nothing you want to watch. You’ve read the paper and you’re sat comfortably on the end of the sofa. So you think to yourself this is really nice, as you decide to rest your eyes for a few moments. Shortly afterwards someone comes into the room, sees you with your eyes closed and says: “Oh look, they’re asleep.”
You know you’re not asleep – you could answer them if you really wanted to and open your eyes – but you don’t because you can’t be bothered! Hypnosis is just like that.
How will you know if it’s working and I’m ‘under?’
There are many physical signs – for example Rapid Eye Movement (REM), that let me know exactly what level of consciousness you are experiencing at any point. I will be monitoring you for these signs at all times.
What happens at the initial consultation?
It’s an informal meeting, an opportunity for me to build up a proper picture about what has been going on for you, and a chance for you to ask as many questions as you like.
And at Dolphin Hypnotherapy your first consultation is FREE.
How do you actually hypnotise someone?
Whilst there are literally thousands of methods of inducing trance, I will simply ask you to make yourself comfortable, close your eyes and talk to you as you rest in a very comfortable reclining chair with music in the background.
No swinging watches then?
Nope – sorry! Modern methods just involve talking to the person using carefully constructed language. Old methods of hypnotism included tiring the eyes by staring at something.
How much does a session cost?
It depends on the nature of the session. Initial consultations are completely free (except for a quit smoking cessation where an initial consultation is unnecessary).
Here you can view all of Dolphin Hypnotherapy’s fees and opening hours.
Is this treatment available though the NHS?
Whilst we are currently in talks with the local Primary Care Trusts, at present this treatment is only available privately.
What qualifications and professional memberships do you have?
· Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Hypnoanalysis from the International Association of Hypnoanalysts
· Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice from the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
· Certificate in Training of Analysis from the International Association of Hypnoanalysts
· Certificate of Proficiency in the Skill of Hypnosis as an application of NLP from The Society Of NLP
· Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills from Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
· Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies from Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
· Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Centre for Stress Management
· Licensed Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming by The Society Of NLP
· Member of the NHS Directory of Complimentary and Alternative Practitioners
· Member of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
· Affiliate Member of the Association Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (AREBT
· Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists
· Member of the International Association of Hypnoanalysts
· Accredited Member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy
· Registered Member of General Hypnotherapy Register
We are also registered on the Hypotherapist Register
How can I book a session?
Contact Mr Trevor Roberts on 07790 333431
This page was written by Mr T.Roberts, Consultant Psychotherapist. Learn more.